Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Concert Choir

Last Friday and Saturday we had our concert choir.  It was pretty fun!  We had seven songs - Cannon of the Bells, Lord Lift me up, Stars of Glory, Hallelujah Chorus, Gloria, Good Tidings, and I Waited For The Lord.  Halfway through the "Lord Lift Me Up" song everyone had to start swaying to the tune - they didn't spring that on us till the night before the concert and you could tell that it hadn't been practiced :)  Some people were bouncing slightly while they swayed and having a great time - others were swaying stiffly and you could tell they were not used to being on stage.

Psalm 96:1-3 "Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth!  Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day!  Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!"

Judges 5:3 “Hear, O kings; give ear, O princes; to the Lord I will sing; I will make melody to the Lord, the God of Israel."

There are so many verses in the Bible about singing.  It is something we will to forever in eternity.  The angels rejoice when we sing - because it is warfare.  It is one of the strongest weapons we have against the devil - praising God with singing.  When I started choir last year I was scared to death.  I was scared of having people hear me - what if I messed up?  But now I love it!  I am letting my light shine - I am fighting with my voice - and I am praising my Maker.  Fear is one of the vices the devil uses to keep people from singing.  So what if you don't think you sound good - that's not what matters.  I am now so glad that my parents made me do choir - now I know how to sing right - I can sing the right notes now :)  And I would never have gotten the alto part on my own.  Next year I plan to either join ensemble or sing a duet.

Psalm 27:6 "And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord."

Psalm 59:17 "O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."

Here are some photos:

I am in the second row down, first on the left - Caleb is on the top row, second from the right




Afterwards Abby fell asleep on my lap :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please leave one!

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29