Saturday, May 2, 2015

Courageous

Our family first watched "Courageous" last year and it has become a family favorite.  I have so many things to say about it, but one of the most precious things to me in the movie was that a father asked his daughter if she would be willing to trust him to know when the "right" man would come along. The daughter told the father yes, and the father then took out a ring with a heart on it, to remind them of the trust, and love between the both of them.  When my father gave me my purity ring...I didn't appreciate as much then, as I do now.  Many people ask me what the ring signifies, well...it signifies my purity between me, God, and my dad that I will keep my heart faithful and pure until the day that my dad gives me away to my husband...if the Lord wills.

The main part of the movie, is to have fathers take a step up to the plate, and train their children in the admonition of the Lord, so that their children can have a strong faith.  I hope that you will all see the movie if you haven't already.  By the way, bring some tissue!

It really does take courage for men to stand up and lead their families.  Especially in this day where feminists will beat men down who stand up for what is right.  I am so proud of my dad that he is one of those few who are courageous and brave!

This movie really makes me appreciate the times that I have with my family!
I love you daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please leave one!

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29